Wednesday, May 13, 2015

To Patience

Mom sends a text: “Dad has pneumonia.”  New antibiotics and patience.

St. Monica
The Patron Saint of Patience
Mile 10 of a 13 mile run. Distraction and patience.

I’m late for work but the dog needs to go out. Car keys and patience.

My son still doesn’t eat chicken. Cereal and patience.

A student thinks commas go wherever she pauses and she wants to pause a lot. Resistance and patience.

The handle on the van door is broken, the back hatch won’t stay up by itself, the check engine light comes on randomly and the back windshield wiper is broken, but the engine starts every morning and gets me where I need to go. Savings account and patience.

It’s almost May and the heat is still on all day, the windows are closed. Light sweaters and patience.

My friend is angry at all the injustice. Writing and patience.

7:30 commute downtown where there is a traffic light every two blocks, yet still the SUV behind me insists on cutting people off and racing ahead even though we all end up at the next light together. Loud music and patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment