Sunday, June 14, 2015

To The Little Red Pocket Calendar I Buy at Walgreen’s Every Year

I try every year to resist, to use the technology I already have: my computer, my phone, but they just don’t work.

You lay it all out. One week per open page. Saturday and Sunday fitting into one square. Lined boxes so I can write “Dentist” on a Tuesday, “English Meeting” on Wed.

The beauty of you is that I can open up to any week and see it: Monday is at the top of the page, Thurs day at the top of the next page. No other week except the one I am looking at. This is as fast as I want to live my life.

The others give me more than I want to know. And they list it. And I have to sync them all. And if I am on the phone with the doctor’s office, I have to pull the phone away and use the speaker to get to the calendar because she might say any day in the next 4 months. I hate speaker. You, I simply have on the desk. I thumb through. Thursday the 27th? Yes, that will work.

And on December 31, I file you away. Another year completed. One more down. Maybe this year I will go paperless.

No, no I won’t.

No comments:

Post a Comment