Thursday, April 23, 2015

To The Phone Conversation The Haitian Taxi Driver Was Having, Which I Transcribed With My Best French and To Which I Have Ascribed My Own Meaning


By Ad Meskens (Own work) [CC BY-SA 3.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0)




What He Said
Translation
The Conversation as I Imagined It
Une deux trois
one two three
I'm counting the guests as you name them
Mais oui!
Of course!
We are inviting my brother!
Manger manger manger
eat eat eat
This is all your father does
Gu gu
Not sure
Either baby sounds to make her feel better or her nickname
Trois quatre cinq
three four five
You already said Francois, plus two more
Bon
Good
Francois is coming
Ou es?
Where is?
Where is your ring?
Ok...non..mais…
Ok, no, but
Sure, I will help you look; no I didn't see it in the kitchen, but maybe you left it when you took a shower
Fermez
Close!
Quiet! I'm getting on the highway
Paquet
package
I'm expecting a package
Oui……...Oui
yes.......yes
It's just for me.
Avec Eva
Avec Eva
My brother is coming with Eva
Tout alors
always
Eva always comes
Passez...Passez
move on, move on
I'm tired of talking about Eva. Let's move on to the next topic

No comments:

Post a Comment