Friday, January 29, 2016

To The Indecisive Squirrel

Today is your lucky day because it’s morning, I’ve had my coffee, I’m not in a rush and the traffic is quiet.

So go ahead and take your time right in the middle of the lane. Please, do not rush. Shatter the stereotype we all have of squirrels as being frenetic little animals who can escape quickly at the very last second.

Not you. At least not today. Trees everywhere. It’s warm for a winter morning and the road holds the heat well. Something, a burn of sunlight through the clouds in just this spot or a memory suddenly appearing before you, has stopped you and and so, it has stopped me.

I have all the time in the world right now. The well of my patience is deep. This day will last forever. Nothing is more important than you.


No comments:

Post a Comment